1. North Fork Spanish Apostolate, 220 Roanoke Avenue, Riverhead, Monday-Friday 10am-4pm. 631-369-4601. VOLUNTEERS welcome, Spanish needed for assisting clients; no language requirement for teaching.
2. Centro Corazon de Maria, St. Rosalie’s Parish, Hampton Bays, Monday-Thursday, 9am-4:30pm. 631-728-5558.
3. Long Island Council of Churches, 407 Osborne Avenue, Riverhead, Monday-Friday, 10am-12noon and 1pm -3:30pm. 631-727-2210. VOLUNTEERS welcome.
4. Holy Trinity Church, 57 Buell Lane, East Hampton. Monday-Thursday, 9am-4pm. Appointments requested. 631-324 0134 x732. VOLUNTEERS welcome, all languages.
5. Hispanic Apostolate of Southampton, Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary Roman Catholic Church, Hill Street, Southampton, Tuesday-Wednesday, 9:30am-11:30am and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 2pm-4pm, 631-283-4379.
6. Organization Latino Americana. Basic and advanced computer, ESL, Film festival organizing. Contact Isabel Sepulveda, IScanlon13@yahoo.com.
7. Community Action Southold Town, 311 Front St, Greenport. Assists residents on the North Fork. 631-477-1717. VOLUNTEERS welcome.
8. LINCT (Learning and Information Programming for Communities Via Technology), offers a variety of programs on the East End to train individuals in the use of computers. Contact through www.linct.org.
9. The Retreat provides domestic violence services and a range of legal advocacy services for women and families in crises. 24 hour emergency hotline: 631-329-2200. Aminsitrative offices are at 13 Goodfriend Drive, East Hampton, 631-329-4398.
1. Open Arms at the Salvation Army, 130 Osborne Avenue, Riverhead. 631-208-3655. Lunch Monday-Friday. VOLUNTEERS welcome.
2. Holy Trinity Church. 57 Buell Lane, Easthampton. Soup dinner first Wednesday of the month. 631-324-0134. VOLUNTEERS welcome.
3. First Congregational Church, 103 First Street, Riverhead. 631-727-2621. Dinner on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 5:30-6:30.. ESL classes Monday and Thursday, 6:15-7:45 from November 1-March 31. VOLUNTEERS welcome.
TEMPORARY SHELTER AND FOOD
1. Maureen’s Haven provides temporary shelter with meals for the homeless through a network of churches and congregations from November through March. For locations and transportation call 631-727-7973. VOLUNTEERS welcome.
PRE-SCHOOL FOR IMMIGRANTS’ CHILDREN
1. Mis Primeros Pasitos, a Montessori Pre-School for 3-4 year olds. Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary Roman Catholic Church, 168 Hill Street, Southampton. Tuesday-Thursday, 10am-12:30pm. Ask for Sister Mary. VOLUNTEERS welcome. 631-377-9986.
2. Family Service League, 208 Roanoke Avenue, Riverhead. Pre-school Tuesday and Thursday, 10am-1pm. Ask for Bertha Keenan. 631-369-0104x25. VOLUNTEERS welcome.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND PREPARATION FOR CITIZENSHIP
1. Eastern Suffolk BOCES provides English literacy programs and citizenship preparation information at different times at many of its sites. The sites include East Hampton High School, Family Services League of Riverhead, Sag Harbor Middle School, Southampton High School, Whalers Church in Sag Harbor, the Brookhaven Learning Center,
and St. Rosilie’s in Hampton Bays. Register by calling 631-234-7860.
2. The Central American Refugee Center provides preparation for citizenship courses for permanent residents who wish to become citizens. Sign up by calling 516-489-8330.
Literacy Suffolk offers English language programs in many locations, including most of the public libraries on the East End. Participants may apply by phoning 631-286-1649 or through the website www.literacysuffolk.org. VOLUNTEERS welcome.
(Note: The hours are generally quite limited and hours and eligibility requirements change, so call before visiting. Some pantries offer clothing and welcome donations. Almost all welcome VOLUNTEERS.
1. Long Island Council of Churches operates a number of food programs including the Riverhead Emergency Food Center at 407 Osborne Avenue in Riverhead. 631-727-2210.
2. The Interfaith Nutrition Network operates feeding programs at the First Congregational Church, 103 First Street in Riverhead and at St. Agnes Roman Catholic Church in Greenport. 516-486-8506.
3. Amagansett Food Pantry, Scoville Hall on Meeting House Lane. 631-267-6404.
Bridgehampton Community Food Pantry, St. Ann’s Episcopal Church, 2463 Main Street. 631-537-1527.
4. b>Community Action of Southold Town., 311 Front Street, Greenport. 631-477-1717.
5. b>Church of the Redeemer, 13225 Sound Avenue, Mattituck. 631-298-4277.
6. East Hampton Food Pantry, 219-50 Accabonac Road. 631-324-2300.
Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary Human Resources Program, 168 Hill Street in Southampton. 631-283-6415.
7. Immaculate Conception Church, 580 Main Street, Westhampton. 631-288-1423.
8. North Fork Parish Outreach, 69465 Main Road, Greenport. 631-477-6607.
9. b>Sag Harbor Community Food Pantry, Old Whalers’ Church, 44 Union Street, Sag Harbor. 631-725-0894.
10. Springs Community Food Pantry, Springs Community Presbyterian Church, 5 Old Stone Highway, East Hampton. 631-324-4791
11. Montauk Food Pantry, St. Therese Church, 67 South Essex Street in Montauk. 631-668-2200.
<12. b>St. Rosalie’s Roman Catholic Church, 31 East Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays. 631-728-9461.
13. First Baptist Church of Riverhead, through its Open Arms program, 1018 Northville Turnpike. 631-727-6943.
14. The World of Life Ministries, 10 Peconic Avenue in Riverhead. 631-208-4050.
St. Isidore’s Roman Catholic Church, located at 622 Pulaski Street in Riverhead. 631-727-2144.
This is a work in progress. We would appreciate receiving corrections and additions to the list. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org